Shanti Wellness Day Spa promotes a lifestyle that is one of wellness and beauty. Come and escape your daily stress and we’ll return you refreshed and invigorated. Maybe you want to discover new ways to look better and age well, let our trained staff share with you new techniques that will provide you with maximum results. Even if you just want a few hours of serenity and indulgence, our staff members will pamper you. Our wish is that you will experience Shanti (inner peace) during your time with us.
Owner | Esthetician
Mary was born and raised in Webster City and takes great pride in being of a member of the community. Mary has a BS from the University of Iowa in Recreation Education and was owner of The Wellness Way, a wellness consulting/fitness training business for over 25 years.
In 2006 she completed the Esthetics program at LaJames Cosmetology school and opened Shanti Wellness Day Spa with the goal of helping those in the community reach their wellness and beauty goals. Mary is dedicated to keeping up-to-date on the latest fitness trends and esthetic technology to offer her clients the most current techniques and information.
- Laser & IPL Training – Laser Training Institute
- Hatha Yoga – Temple of Kyria Yoga
- Personal Fitness Trainer – ACE
- Aerobic Dance Instructor – ACE
- Post Rehabilitation Trainer – AAFP
- Zumba Level I Instructor – Zumba Fitness
- Microdermabrasion – LaJames International College
- Micropigmentation – Advanced Educator of Permanent Makeup
- Professional of Skin Biology and Chemical Peels – PCA Skin
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner.
GARRETT RIEDEMANN, L.AC. | Acupuncturist
Garrett is a graduate of the American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Roseville, MN. He spent four years learning and developing the skills of this beautiful ancient medical art, culminating in a Master’s of Science Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Prior to this, he attended and graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Psychology and has tied his interest in psychology and oriental medicine together for a balanced approach to health care. As a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) clinician, Garrett specializes in treating musculoskeletal disorders such as golf and tennis elbow, back, sciatic and joint pain. He also focuses on treating sleep and mood disorders such as depression, anxiety and other stress related issues that affect everyday health.
Garrett has spent many years working in different areas of healthcare as a paramedic, a medical historian and working with both children and adults as a direct care provider. He is an accomplished martial arts instructor that has put his passion for helping people into every aspect of his life.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- University of Iowa / Paramedic
- Des Moines Area Community College / A.S. Degree
- Iowa State University / B.S. Psychology
- American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine / M.S.A.O.M.
- NCCAOM Board Certified Acupuncturist
- State of Iowa Licensed Acupuncturist